Thursday, February 10, 2011

Free Public School Resources

I have several friends that have used the free government resources that are available for homeschoolers. They have had needs such as learning disabilities, in which their children need speech therapy or other additional services that they really couldn't afford.  This seemed to work out well for them, but they did have to stay accountable to the party providing the services to them.  It was a benefit for them, but they weren't completely free to educate as they pleased. Once they had taken advantage of the benefit they surrendered some of that freedom.

As a homeschooling family what do you think about taking advantage of these "free" services? My personal conviction is to struggle through and try to pay for the services myself, in order to completely maintain my freedom in educating my children.  I feel it would be worth it to me. I can understand the other viewpoint as well. Let me know what you think!?

Here is a recent post I made on another blog about the same issue...
Public School Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment