Monday, May 9, 2011

A Secret Mission...

Should we homeschool in the summer or not???
The facts are strong on both sides... but I must admit... the lazy days of a free summer call to me! Even when I taught at school, I think I loved summer way more than the kids did! I love the peaceful relaxation and the time it gives me to unwind and destress.  I know I would never be able to get through all of the rough times with homeschooling if I didn't have a bit of time off. However, I really see that the children do begin to forget a good bit of what they were learning. It's with this in mind, that I have tried to concoct a summer experiment... my very own covert educational mission!

My poor innocent children just won't know what hit them! I want the kids to be able to review and practice some of the skills that we have worked so hard this year to learn. So, I am putting together several websites that offer concrete drill and practice at each level that my children need with awesome super fun games. The beauty of this Secret Mission is that whenever the kids get bored this summer, I can honestly tell them to go "play" with the websites that I have put in their lists. Learning will be taking place, kids will be having fun, and I will be sitting on my patio, sipping a lemonade, reading a book, and refreshing my soul! Woohoo... can't wait for summer break... how 'bout you?

1 comment:

  1. I think you are brilliant! I can't wait to come back and hear how it goes! Great blog by the way! My husband and I are highschool sweet hearts too will be 18 years in July. :^)

    Lil' Momma
    Living with a hard working husband, 2 preschoolers and 1 middle schooler who are Five in Training for HIM

    ReplyDelete