Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shirt sleeves, sunshine, and soapsuds... again

Finally, this week has been so beautiful (warm) in Georgia. Not lots of sun,but warm enough to go out without a coat! The younger kids have been sneaking outside at every opportunity. We will be reading a school assignment, and I will go get something only to come back to an empty room. At first I thought, "Whoa ... where'd everybody go?" But then I heard hammering...they were all outside playing in Daddy's old wood pile and trying to build a fort. How fun is that? I always wanted a fort or a tree house when I was a kid...

Crazy... but fun - great memories to hold on to!  Well, sometimes... Last night the two little girls were taking a bath, and I stepped away for something (OK... I guess I need to stop stepping away). I came back to a tub full of suds, girls, and towels. When I asked rather impatiently what had happened, they said we were trying to wash our hair and the soap came out. Hmmmm.... Then I asked why the towels were in the tub with them. Their response,"We were cold." Huuuhhhh?  Oh, the complex mind of a child, some things I just don't even try to understand...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Towels in the tub because they were cold. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete