Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Coupon Crazy...

Alright... I can't help it, I saved a boatload of money this week at the grocery store, and I am proud of it! Here's my proof:



I know alot of people have been using coupons and shopping store sales since the economic crunch began a few years ago.  I used to do this every week, and then... I had TWINS.  Shew... my life changed dramatically and I was just glad to get a few groceries from wherever during those early days.  Now that the twins are finally 9 (it took me almost a decade to get on top of things again :0} ), I have had a bit more time to organize coupons and sales.  To really take advantage of the store savings, I have had to adopt a "pantry" method.  I use the sales/coupon events to stock up on certain items that week.  This means that I don't go to the grocery store and get the same thing every week.  I get what is on sale, and necessities for that week.  Each week it may be different, but because I have a "pantry" stock I can draw from it to create my meals.  It works great, and I have been spending less than $600 a month (this includes detergents, paper products, medicines, and cleaning supplies) to feed and care for 8 people.

Sound exciting?  Anyone can do it, so why don't you give it a try.  If you live in the South, start with SouthernSavers.com and Couponmom.com.  Both of these give you the sales for your favorite stores.  In my area it is Publix, Kroger, and Walmart. Between these three, it has worked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment