Monday, August 23, 2010

A Homeschool Intervention

Yes... homeschooling is tough.  It isn't the easiest thing that I have ever done.  In fact, I think there have been a few college level courses I have taught that were a bit easier.  Still, it doesn't change the fact that homeschooling is probably one of the singlemost meaningful things that I have done with my life.  I am directly involved in my children's education, I have the ability to encourage them spiritually at every turn, and I have the opportunity to raise responsible, intelligent, caring, citizens for the future.

And the future... is what I am concerned about these days.  I love America - yes - I AM PROUD to be an AMERICAN.  I am also very heart broken over the condition that our great nation is in these days.  I truly believe that we need men like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin in these days.  Yes, I know - these men were not perfect - they had issues - but they were men of great character. Character that led them to make noble and selfless decisions for the future of a fledgling republic.

What is so very encouraging is the fact that homeschooling is the fastest growing form of education in America.  I wrote an article this past that brought out current research on this trend, however, the Old Schoolhouse sent out an email article today that reflected even more recent numbers.  It is amazing - and very encouraging.  I believe that homeschooling produces a different breed of individual - more akin to those great men I was just talking about.  Just think of the change that this "explosion" of homeschooling could have on our nation if left unchecked.  Could we begin to see the tide turn in favor of honest, upright, patriots?  I am anxious to find out how this intervention turns out!

I have six children, and I am praying that God would allow me to influence their lives, to train them to be of noble and outstanding character like American's founding fathers, and to make a difference for God and for AMERICA!

God bless the U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment