Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting back on the horse...

Wow... life can tend to get pretty difficult at times. Well, at least where I live. Yet, I love where God has put me, I love my children, I love working with the young people at church, I love tutoring, I love being a Pastor's wife... but at times it isn't easy to walk in all those shoes. 

Recently - things have been getting to me... so since this year's GACS convention was at Myrtle Beach, my husband (yes, the one who never organizes family outings) decided he was going to take me there. After I got over the initial shock of his spontaneous decision, I was amazed...

Grateful...

... and excited!

We went this past weekend, and it was truly wonderful. I couldn't help but feeling like we were on a second honeymoon - he was so sweet. (wait...not that he isn't sweet normally - but just more so...) I definitely came back with an armload of precious memories, a hermit crab ( I can't believe I actually bought one of those things - from one of those horrible beach stores...), and a desire to get back to my crazy life.

So... why did I cry all day yesterday? I really couldn't figure it out, even while I was crying - I knew that I needed to get a grip. God has been way to good to me - for me to get in the ditch like that.  After begging God to give me the strength that I needed to get up and go about what He has given me to do - I finally got through it. 

"Why have I found grace in thy eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me?" Ruth 2:10

Ok... it's days like that that make me feel sorry for the men who have to try to figure us out... especially when we can't even figure our own selves out.  - Looking forward to a brighter day, and greater things through my precious Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment