Friday, December 11, 2009

I am so thankful...

My grandmother tells me all the time - be thankful that God gave you a big family.  You will never be lonely...  Well, I am thankful - I am realizing more and more each day what wonderful little people they are. Not to say that they don't get on my "last nerve" now and again! :) But tonight - the "big" girls went to decorate our Pastor's house - and I was just sitting here looking around - they have helped me so much - and really made the "Christmas spirit" around here this year!  Just look at what they have done...

They put up the tree...


My favorite ornaments - all handmade by my great grandmother....


Don't they look like the crown jewels...  when I was little I thought we were rich because of these...
we are rich - but not because of any THING that we have... but only because of what Jesus did for us, and what he gives us in our children, family, and friends!



Ok - I know I probably sound like a terrible mother -but Caitlyn and Camie have been such an encouragement...  I love what they have done - and I am linking with Hooked on Holiday House Tours and Southern Hospitality's Christmas Tour to kind of show it off. My sweet girls - have definitely gotten me into the holiday spirit!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your blessings with me. They are a true joy to be with and have been an HUGE encouragement to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a great mother. This is a great season for reflecting on family.

    ReplyDelete