Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The very best Fudge!!

I have been going crazy the last week trying to finish all of my Christmas baking. I usually give everyone in our church something that I have baked... so I had a lot to catch up on! Anyway, I wanted to share with ya'll my very very favorite peanut butter fudge recipe.  This is a super special recipe to me because it is really my best friend's fudge.  She is an absolutely wonderful person- she loves me with all of my strange little quirks - and can ALWAYS make me laugh - and not just a little laugh - but gut busting laughter.  But, she is also a missionary and lives in Wales, UK- I get to see her a few weeks out of the year. So, I love to make her recipes, it makes me feel close to her. Anyway, if you are searching for something "last minute" to make try this - it is super easy and tastes wonderful!

DARLENE's PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
put together in a large saucepan and stirred until boiling - set timer for 3 minutes.

After 3 minutes stir in:
1 1/3 cup of peanut butter
1 small jar of marshmallow creme
Stir briskly (and quickly) until mixed well and pour into a foil lined 8x8 pan.

Let cool - cut and ENJOY!!!

Darlene and I last summer at Camp Fairview

1 comment: