Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010!!

Wow! I have been gone for quite a while! But since the last post. . . we made a crazy dash to prepare for Christmas  - with cookies and wrapping and PACKING! It was really wild for a few days - but we made it and had alot of fun along the way. Here's a little glimpse. . .






I think they ate more than we cooked!!

and how did the "big" girls have time to do this and PACK??

We finally got away to go visit "Nana and Papa" half way across the country for Christmas - in Texas and got snowed in for three days! It was an absolutely beautiful WHITE CHRISTMAS! As a born "Yankee" I grew up with white Christmases almost every year, but since I have lived in the South. . . Well, let's just say - it's been a long time.  So we had lots of fun - with LOTS of snow!!

I still can't believe we had a BLIZZARD in Texas!




The kids love this - they say it's a "little" Christmas tree!


Here's the whole crew - in front of our "itty bitty" snowman!
It was all so fun - and we made so many precious memories.


Your typical disaster zone after opening presents on Christmas morning!

I hope that each of you had a very special blessed holiday season this year, and  I pray that even as the new year has started that God will bless each of you and your families in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. The white Christmas looks so beautiful and special. I'm from DC where snow was frequent during the holidays. They had a lot this year as I heard from relatives. I live now, as you know, in Florida. So snow is a bit of an abstraction or fairy tale to the kids. I'm trying to plan a ski trip for this year: their first one with me. Happy holidays. John

    ReplyDelete