Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book Review of The Long Way Home...

Hello again - wow twice in one day... my husband says I am getting addicted - well... I have to admit that there may be another addiction driving this post. :) Like the fact that I signed up with Thomas Nelson Book Review club now called "Booksneeze" (which I did because I read another blogger who was doing this - so maybe it really is blogging's fault afterall...whatever). I know - it's not like I don't already have enough to do. But I happen to also be a book lover, and I mean LOVER - - I LOVE TO READ - - and of late just couldn't justify spending $15-20 on "one" new book. I get to the library occasionally, but most of the time I have to help the children stay out of trouble make their selections. So,  "me" time at the library is just not easy.

Anyway - if you catch me occasionally talking about a book I have read - you will know why.  I must have gotten a free book to review. So here is this week's book:




THE LONG WAY HOME

If you are a fan of "24", then this book is for you!  At first I did not think that a juvenile fiction book would hold my interest - but I thought I would give it a shot.  I am so glad I did.  I could definitely describe the story line as "riveting."  I was captured with the first chapter, and didn't put it down until I finished it.  I don't necessarily advise this - but I happened to be sick yesterday - so my schedule was inadvertently "cleared." Anyhow, I anticipate reading the next book in the series "The Last Thing I Remember" which comes out November 2010. Apart from a kiss or two (which doesn't coincide with our viewpoint on courtship) - the book was pretty decent - even for a younger juvenile.  Though the "ideas" of terrorists and murder might require a bit higher maturity level.  I plan allowing my 14 year old to read this book.
In this book by Andre Klavan, 18 year old Charlie loses his memory - and a year of his life.  He is somehow framed for murder while at the same time terrorists are after him. A seemingly impossible situation, Charlie, relying on God and a slim hope to clear his name,  goes back home. Facing incredible danger, his old friends and his true love join him in his quest to find the truth.  Juvenile Fiction by Thomas Nelson Publishers.


Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment