Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fruit Loops and Learning

Natural teaching moments are some of life's most precious treasures. Have you enjoyed reading with your little one only to have them call out a word before you get to it? Have you ever taught the colors to your toddler by using fruit loops? How about fractions and sharing cookies with brothers and sisters? Or my personal favorite - probability by using colored m&*m's.... yes, of course chocolate!!! But, I love the fact that homeschooling enables me to do so much of this with my children.  Granted as they get into Algebra and Biology there are not too many "natural" teaching moments... but the memories that we gain while they are little are so very precious.What greater joy could we ask for than to teach a child with love?

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 Jn. 1:4

Do you have some precious "natural teaching" moment you could share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment